Business English: Arranging meetings(商务英语: 安排会议)

    Feifei: Hello, I’m Feifei and this is 6 Minute English.
    菲菲:你好,我是菲菲,这是六分钟英语。
    Neil: And I’m Neil.
    尼尔:我是尼尔。
    Feifei: How are you Neil and what have you been up to?
    菲菲:你好吗,尼尔,你最近在忙什么?
    Neil: I’m very well, thank you. I’ve been listening to the news a lot this week.
    尼尔:我很好,谢谢。这周我听了很多新闻。
    Feifei: Oh yeah?
    菲菲:哦,是吗?
    Neil: Yes, there are all kinds of things going on, lots of important people getting together, discussing important things… and it got me thinking about meetings and what it’s like trying to arrange a time and place to suit everyone.
    尼尔:是的,各种事情都在发生,很多重要的人物聚集在一起,讨论重要的事情……这让我想到了会议,以及试图安排一个适合每个人的时间和地点是怎样的。
    Feifei: Oh it’s such a pain trying to get people together: if it’s only a couple of people it’s not too bad but when you need four or five people there’s always someone who wants a different time or a different place or a different date.
    菲菲:哦,把人们聚在一起真是件麻烦事:如果只有一两个人还好,但当你需要四个或五个人时,总会有人想要不同的时间或地点或日期。
    Neil: And you’re not the only one who feels that way Feifei - let’s hear from some of our friends and colleagues talking about arranging meetings. How easy is it to find a time and place that everyone’s happy with?
    尼尔:你不是唯一一个这么想的人,菲菲——让我们听听我们一些朋友和同事谈论安排会议的事情。找到一个让每个人都满意的时间和地点有多容易?
    Voice 1: In Brazil it’s very easy to arrange a meeting because Brazilian people aren’t very formal, we can have a meeting anywhere: on the corridor or in a room or around a desk, so it’s very easy to arrange a meeting in Brazil.
    声音1:在巴西安排会议非常容易,因为巴西人不太正式,我们可以在任何地方开会:在走廊上、在房间里或在桌子周围,所以在巴西安排会议非常容易。
    Voice 2: In China if you have a meeting, you would usually call people to say we have a meeting by phone, or if you see them in the office you would say we have a meeting, that’s about it. It’s normally quite easy to fit in a meeting.
    声音2:在中国,如果你有一个会议,你通常会通过电话叫人说我们有一个会议,或者如果你在办公室看到他们,你会说我们有一个会议,就是这样。通常很容易安排一个会议。
    Voice 3: In Indonesia the manager would normally arrange a meeting, he or she will have to check if everyone can attend. It’s quite tricky to set up a time that suits everyone due to different schedules, so sometimes not everyone can attend.
    声音3:在印度尼西亚,经理通常会安排会议,他或她将不得不检查每个人是否都能参加。由于不同的日程安排,设置一个适合每个人的时间相当棘手,所以有时并不是每个人都能参加。

    Feifei: Ooh you’re right Neil. I’m not the only one who thinks it’s a pain.
    菲菲:哦,你说的对,尼尔。我不是唯一一个认为这很麻烦的人。
    Neil: Well, like it or hate it, arranging meetings effectively is a really important business skill.
    尼尔:嗯,不管你喜欢还是讨厌,有效地安排会议是一项非常重要的商业技能。
    Feifei: I guess so.
    菲菲:我猜是的。
    Neil: I think I feel a role-play coming on…
    尼尔:我觉得我要开始角色扮演了…
    Feifei: We’re going to practise setting up meetings, aren’t we?
    菲菲:我们要练习安排会议,对吧?
    Neil: We are! We’re talking on the phone and we need to set up a meeting. And I think I should be the boss this time.
    尼尔:是的!我们在电话上交谈,我们需要安排一个会议。这次我觉得我应该是老板。
    Feifei: We don’t need a boss Neil: we can just be colleagues.
    菲菲:我们不需要老板,尼尔:我们可以只是同事。
    Neil: Grrrr…
    尼尔:嗯…
    Feifei: Are you ready?
    菲菲:你准备好了吗?
    Neil: I’m ready!
    尼尔:我准备好了!
    Role-play
    角色扮演
    Neil: Feifei, we need to set up a meeting. Are you available this afternoon?
    尼尔:菲菲,我们需要安排一个会议。你今天下午有空吗?
    Feifei: Er, sorry no… I’m in a meeting all afternoon.
    菲菲:呃,不好意思,没有……我整个下午都在开会。
    Neil: OK, no problem. What about tomorrow morning? Shall we say 10 o’clock?
    尼尔:好的,没问题。明天早上怎么样?我们定在10点好吗?
    Feifei: Tomorrow morning at 10. Let me check my diary… No, sorry I can’t do 10. How does 2 o’clock suit?
    菲菲:明天早上10点。让我看看我的日程……不,不好意思,我10点不行。2点钟怎么样?
    Neil: 2 o’clock’s good.
    尼尔:2点钟可以。
    Feifei: Do we need to be face to face for this one?
    菲菲:我们这次需要面对面吗?
    Neil: No, I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.
    尼尔:不,我认为不需要。我们这次在电话上进行。
    Feifei: Great!
    菲菲:太好了!
    Neil: I’ll call you at 2.
    尼尔:我2点给你打电话。
    Feifei: Speak to you soon.
    菲菲:很快再聊。
    Feifei: How did we do?
    菲菲:我们做得怎么样?
    Neil: I think we were pretty good! But we need to hear from the lady who knows all about business language.
    尼尔:我觉得我们做得相当好!但我们需要听听那位了解所有商业语言的女士的意见。
    Neil / FF: It’s Business Betty!!
    尼尔/菲菲:是商业贝蒂!
    BB: Hello you two!
    BB:你们两个好!
    Neil: How are you Betty?
    尼尔:你好吗,贝蒂?
    BB: Fine, thank you Neil.
    BB:很好,谢谢你,尼尔。文章源自:力哥爱英语(ienglish521.com)力哥爱英语-https://ienglish521.com/7357.html

    Neil: So what did you think of our role-play Betty?
    尼尔:你觉得我们的角色扮演怎么样,贝蒂?
    BB: I thought it was rather good! And here’s why:
    BB:我觉得它相当好!原因如下:
    Neil: Are you available this afternoon?
    尼尔:你今天下午有空吗?
    BB: And you said ‘What about…?’
    BB:然后你说了‘What about…?’
    Neil: What about tomorrow morning?
    尼尔:明天早上怎么样?
    BB: Neil, you also said ‘Shall we say…?’
    BB:尼尔,你还说了‘Shall we say…?’
    Neil: Shall we say 10 o’clock?
    尼尔:我们定在10点好吗?
    BB: And finally, Feifei, you said ‘How does 2 o’clock suit?’
    BB:最后,菲菲,你说了‘How does 2 o’clock suit?’
    Feifei: How does 2 o’clock suit?
    菲菲:2点钟怎么样?
    BB: So I liked that a lot: you both used simple, direct questions to agree the time. That was very good.
    BB:所以我非常喜欢这一点:你们俩都使用了简单直接的问题来确定时间。这非常好。
    Feifei: Do we need to be face to face for this one?
    菲菲:我们这次需要面对面吗?
    BB: And Neil’s answer was ‘I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.’
    BB:尼尔的回答是‘I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.’
    Neil: I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.
    尼尔:我不这么认为。我们这次在电话上进行。
    BB: So, you both asked nice, simple, direct questions, and you agreed the type of meeting. I’d say that was a job well done!
    BB:所以,你们俩都提出了很好、简单、直接的问题,并同意了会议类型。我认为你们做得很好!
    Neil / FF: Thanks Betty, bye!!
    尼尔/菲菲:谢谢贝蒂,再见!
    Neil: Ahhh, she’s so good that Betty, a real top-notch professional.
    尼尔:啊,她真是太棒了,贝蒂,一个真正的顶尖专业人士。
    Feifei: She does know her stuff - and she really liked our role-play…
    菲菲:她确实懂她的东西 - 她真的很喜欢我们的角色扮演…
    Neil: She did! I’m feeling quite proud right now.
    尼尔:她确实喜欢!我现在感觉相当自豪。
    Feifei: Shall we go over it again?
    菲菲:我们要不要再过一遍?
    Neil: I think we should! Are you ready?
    尼尔:我认为我们应该!你准备好了吗?文章源自:力哥爱英语(ienglish521.com)力哥爱英语-https://ienglish521.com/7357.html

    Feifei: I am!
    菲菲:我准备好了!
    Role-play
    角色扮演
    Neil: Feifei, we need to set up a meeting. Are you available this afternoon?
    尼尔:菲菲,我们需要安排一个会议。你今天下午有空吗?
    Feifei: Er, sorry no… I’m in a meeting all afternoon.
    菲菲:呃,不好意思,没有……我整个下午都在开会。
    Neil: OK, no problem. What about tomorrow morning? Shall we say 10 o’clock?
    尼尔:好的,没问题。明天早上怎么样?我们定在10点好吗?
    Feifei: Tomorrow morning at 10. Let me check my diary… No, sorry I can’t do 10. How does 2 o’clock suit?
    菲菲:明天早上10点。让我看看我的日程……不,不好意思,我10点不行。2点钟怎么样?
    Neil: 2 o’clock’s good.
    尼尔:2点钟可以。
    Feifei: Great! Do we need to be face to face for this one?
    菲菲:太好了!我们这次需要面对面吗?
    Neil: No, I don’t think so. Let’s do this one on the phone.
    尼尔:不,我认为不需要。我们这次在电话上进行。
    Feifei: OK, speak to you later.
    菲菲:好的,稍后再聊。
    Neil: I’ll call you at 2.
    尼尔:我2点给你打电话。
    Feifei: Bye.
    菲菲:再见。
    Neil: And that’s the end of today’s role-play… and it’s also the end of today’s programme!
    尼尔:今天的角扮演就到这里结束……今天节目也到此结束!
    Feifei: So it’s goodbye from both of us – and please make sure you arrange to meet us again for another episode of 6 Minute English!
    菲菲:所以我们两个人要说再见了——请确保安排再次与我们相遇,收听另一集《六分钟英语》!
    Neil / FF: Bye!
    尼尔/菲菲:再见!文章源自:力哥爱英语(ienglish521.com)力哥爱英语-https://ienglish521.com/7357.html 文章源自:力哥爱英语(ienglish521.com)力哥爱英语-https://ienglish521.com/7357.html

    继续阅读
    weinxin
    我的微信
    扫码关注公众号
    力哥爱英语,只分享有价值的英语学习资源。关注公众号,获取更多内容。
    • 6 Minute English