Five Stars teaches listeners how to master the art of persuasion - written and read by the best-selling author of Talk like TED.
Ideas don’t sell themselves. As the forces of globalization, automation, and artificial intelligence combine to disrupt every field career, having a good idea isn’t good enough. Mastering the ancient art of persuasion is the key to standing out, getting ahead, and achieving greatness in the modern world. Communication is no longer a “soft” skill - it is the human edge that will make you unstoppable, irresistible, and irreplaceable - earning you that perfect rating, that fifth star.
In Five Stars, Carmine Gallo, bestselling author of Talk like TED, breaks down how to apply Aristotle’s formula of persuasion to inspire contemporary audiences. As the nature of work changes, and technology carries things across the globe in a moment, communication skills become more valuable - not less. Gallo interviews neuroscientists, economists, historians, billionaires, and business leaders of companies like Google, Nike, and Airbnb to show first-hand how they use their words to captivate your imagination and ignite your dreams.
In the knowledge age - the information economy - you are only as valuable as your ideas. Five Stars is an audiobook to help listeners bridge the gap between mediocrity and exceptionality, and gain the competitive edge in the age of automation.
In Five Stars, listeners will also learn:
- The one skill billionaire Warren Buffett says will raise your value by 50 percent
- Why your job might fall into a category where 75 percent or more of your income relies on your ability to sell your idea
- How Airbnb’s founders follow a classic three-part formula shared by successful Hollywood movies
- Why you should speak in third-grade language to persuade adult listeners
- The one brain hack Steve Jobs, Leonardo da Vinci, and Picasso used to unlock their best ideas